Rick Pitino has been a great coach at both the NBA and college basketball levels.
He is also a great motivational speaker and author.
Check out some of his great quotes below:
- “Don’t coach mad.”
- “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.”
- “Deserve Victory.”
- “Failure is good. It’s fertilizer. Everything I’ve learned about coaching I’ve learned from making mistakes.”
- “Those who work the hardest are the last to surrender.”
- “The key to coaching is not what you do, but the way you do it. The intangibles, the motivational parts of the game are the most important facets of it.”
- “The more you lose, the more positive you have to become. When you’re winning, you can ride players harder because their self-esteem is high. If you are losing and you try to be tough, you’re asking for dissension.”
- “The basic premise of my system is to fatigue your opponents with constant pressure defensively and constant movement offensively.”
- “At Boston University, I motivated negatively, and I found that although it can work at first, by the end of the year everyone is dying for the year to end and you have lost them. The last two years at BU, I motivated positively and got much better results.”
- “It’s better to have a good player with the basketball in late game situations than to have plays.”
*Here is the main basketball quotes page.
Do You Know Any Other Inspirational Basketball Quotes by Rick Pitino?
If you know any other motivational basketball quotes by Rick Pitino, please post them in the comments section below, and I’ll add them to the list.
Also, post your favorite Rick Pitino basketball quote below so we can see which is the most popular/inspiring one!