Running faster is fairly easy.
If you came to this article to learn exactly how to run faster, then you’ve come to the right place.
That’s because I am about to simplify speed for you, and tell you exactly how to run faster.
Here we go…
Running faster is about two things:
1. Having the strength to overcome your own body’s inertia and propel it really darn fast.
- Put it this way, if you can make your body literally feel lighter to you, then you’ll be running faster. ‘
- The smartest way to do this is to get stronger: As your muscles become bigger and stronger, your body will feel lighter to you and you’ll be zipping around faster. Period. Strength is important, don’t forget that.
2. Having the feet and lower legs to transfer all of that strength efficiently and quickly.
- Think about it, sprinting, cutting jumping, accelerating, all of it requires that you do it with your feet.
- Every step, every stride, every ground contact, it’s you feet that hit the ground first and it’s your feet that are there to transmit and control everything smoothly and efficiently.
- You need great feet if you ever want to be a superstar athlete, if you ever want to run faster than you are now.
Now, let’s look at the “How” of how to run faster.
First off of our equation is Strength.
How do you get stronger? What muscles do you need to strengthen? How can you do it the fastest?
To get stronger, you need to be lifting weights, but not as much as you think.
If you can get to a weight training room at least 2 times a week, for 30 minutes, that’d be enough time to get stronger.
When you are weight training to run faster, you should be focusing on strengthening your hips and thighs, specifically your posterior chain.
And by picking 2-3 good exercises and only doing those and getting stronger with those, you’ll find your strength improving more rapidly than you ever thought possible.
Here is a great sample workout for running faster that you can start today:
Exercise 1- Deadlift 5 x 3 (that’s 5 sets of 3, ramp up the weight for each set)
Exercise 2- Walking Lunges 2-3 x 6-10 (that’s 2-3 sets of 6-10 reps for each leg)
Exercise 3- Hanging Leg Raises 2 x 20 (that’s 2 sets of 20 reps)
Perform that workout twice a week for the next 3-4 weeks and see how much stronger, and in turn faster, you get.
The second part of our equation is strengthening and training your feet to make you run faster.
This is a little bit more difficult prospect to fix, but it can easily be done, you just need to make sure you’re doing the right things to fix this problem as fast and smoothly as possible.
And to find out EXACTLY how to fix your feet so you can be running faster (and I mean fix them so that you’re running significantly faster within a matter of 10-14 days), go to the Official Truth About Quickness website.
About The Author
Alex Maroko is the Co-Creator of The Truth About Quickness Insider’s System, the Internet’s Best-Selling Quickness Training Product, found at www.TruthAboutQuickness.com.
A Certified Personal Trainer and former college athlete, Alex is renowned worldwide for his ability to transform formerly weak and slow athletes into speed and quickness superstars who routinely dominate their competition.
He has helped athletes from more than 30 countries across the globe learn the real secrets behind attaining blazing speed and lightning quickness, all in less than 10 minutes a day.
You can also read his most recent ramblings and thoughts on his speed, agility and quickness training at his blog, Game Speed Insider.
- Get updates and cool extras that I won't (or can't) share on this blog.
- Stay up to date on the latest vertical jump training tactics and strategies.
- Receive free special gifts, along with deals and discounts on the best training programs in the market.