On this page, you’ll find a large, comprehensive list of the most inspirational general sports quotes.
I have listed them in alphabetical order to make it easier to navigate.
- “I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people’s accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man’s failures.“
- “Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.“
- “Sports do not build character. They reveal it.“
Juan Antonio Samaranch
- “Olympism is the marriage of sport and culture.“
Joseph Chilton Pearce
- “Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold.“
Pierre de Coubertin
- “All sports for all people.“
William Arthur Ward
- “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.“
- “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.“
*Here is the main sports quotes page.
Do You Know Any Other Motivational Sports Quotes?
If you know any other motivational sports quotes, please post them in the comments section below, and I’ll add them to the list.
Also, post your favorite sports quote below so we can see which is the most popular/inspiring one!
- Get updates and cool extras that I won't (or can't) share on this blog.
- Stay up to date on the latest vertical jump training tactics and strategies.
- Receive free special gifts, along with deals and discounts on the best training programs in the market.