The sports supplement industry is HUGE…and is a multi-billion dollar industry.
This means that there is a wide variety of supplements in the market, most of which are complete crap.
However, there are a few great supplements that really help athletes recover better and improve performance.
With the daily influx of new supplements into the market, it has become increasingly difficult for athletes to sort out the good products from the bad.
In this article, I will cut through the clutter and tell you what supplements you should buy, and what you should avoid at all cost.
NOTE: Supplements are not meant to replace your current diet. As their name suggests, they should only ‘supplement’ your current diet. If you take supplements without a solid diet consisting of well balanced meals, you will not see any improvements in your vertical jump.
Great Supplements For Vertical Jump Training
1. Whey Protein
- Whey protein is the best kind of protein you can take.
- It is high quality protein that builds your muscles and helps you recover faster.
- This supplement is important especially if you train with weights.
- My whey protein of choice is the ‘ON Gold Standard’ by Optimum Nutrition, but you can get it from any other reputable brands.
- Creatine is one of the most tested supplements in history, and it has been proven to improve athletic performance.
- It works by making your muscles absorb more water and thereby helping you workout harder and longer.
- Creatine exists in several forms, but any form will work in the same way as long as it’s from a reputable brand.
- I personally use Cellmass by BSN.
- Multivitamins are important for athletes who don’t get enough vitamins in their regular diets.
- If you’re not eating enough fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, you need to supplement your diet with multivitamins.
- They are important because they help ensure your body operates optimally and recovers properly.
Avoid These Supplements At All Costs
The kind of supplements you should avoid at all costs are pretty obvious to spot.
It’s those supplements that promise that you will gain X amount of inches without any form of working out.
Seriously, if all we had to do to increase our vertical jump was to take these supplements and sit on the couch playing video games all day, we would ALL be pro athletes making millions of dollars!
Here is a list of supplements you should avoid at all cost:
1. Vertical Blast
3. Any other similar ‘hypey’ supplement.
Now, don’t get me wrong.
These supplements usually contain creatine, and other chemicals that aid in training and recovery.
They will therefore work if you use them together with a good vertical jump program.
However, merely taking them without working out will not make you jump higher.
Where To Buy Supplements
There are literally thousands of places you can buy supplements from.
You can buy them at your local health stores or on several websites online.
Personally, I buy all my supplements from Bodybuilding.com because they have low prices and extremely fast delivery.
If you already have a solid diet consisting of well balanced meals, you do not need supplements to increase your vertical jump.
However, most of us never have enough time to make and eat nutritious meals, so supplementing our diet is the next best option.
Have You Used Supplements Before?
If you have used supplements before, what kind of results did you see?
We would love to know your thoughts because your input will help others make a better, more informed decision.
Please share your experiences by leaving a comment below: